Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ode to Nursing in Public

Written in the style of Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss


Oh! You're hungry! Well, let's see.
Should I nurse you in a car? Or huddled under a tree?
Should I cover your tiny head, so that you can not see?

No, I do not think you'd like that.  I do not think you'd like that at all.
I think I will nurse you right here, in the middle of it all.

I will nurse you in the park, on a bench in the spring air.
I will nurse you eating lunch, even if people stare!
I will nurse you at the beach, at the pool or the at the lake.
I will nurse you at the mall, while I sit down to take a break.

I will nurse you standing up, I will nurse you lying down.
I will nurse you even when you kick your legs round and round!

No, I do not care if people catch a glimpse of me nursing you.
Newsflash everyone, this is what breasts were made to do!

So I will nurse you here, I will nurse you there.
I will nurse you everywhere!

No need for me to stay at home and hide.
Ladies, latch your babies and show your nursing pride!


source


1 comment: