Sunday, November 23, 2014

Holiday Traditions for Toddlers

It's here! It's here!  The holiday season is here- my favorite time of year!  If you know me, you know I start listening to Christmas music around November 1st [i actually did wait till a little bit later this year!] and I've got a ton of Christmas socks to get out of storage.  Now that we have Brooks, I want to make sure the holiday season is as much fun for him as it always has been for me!

So, I'm curious.  What are some easy inexpensive FUN holiday traditions that you've done with your young children?  I've seen LOTS of suggestions on Pinterest, so I'll just list out all the ones I'm thinking about doing...

1.

via
This one seems pretty doable [although we haven't acquired 24 Christmas books quite yet, so I might be ordering some from Amazon... Or wrapping library books. Is that weird?]


2.  Bake cookies/ treats.  Brooks is very interested in helping in the kitchen lately. He loves sitting on the counter and dumping ingredients in for me when I bake.  I hope we'll be able to make a few different kinds of Christmas treats this year...and perhaps give some away! Here's my helper making brownies...




3.  Drive around and look at Christmas lights.  I'm not sure if he'll be into the lights this year [at least not for very long] but I think a quick trip around the neighborhood would be fun!

4.  Pick out a special ornament for the tree.  [hopefully one that's not breakable :) ]

5. Write a letter to Santa/ get picture taken with free  Santa [at the fire hall breakfast!]


I know there are a bunch more things we'll do as a family this Christmas season- watch a holiday movie together, decorate the tree and house, read stories...but I wanted to make sure I had a list of special things to do with Brooks so that I don't forget them.  He is already admiring all the Christmas decorations in the stores. What a great holiday season it's going to be!  






1 comment:

  1. We do the Advent calendar. It helps them get a visual of how many more days they have to wait.

    ReplyDelete