Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Favorite Posts & Breastfeeding Resources

As Brooks has gotten older, I've become more confident in my parenting abilities.  Every once in a while I come across a blog post or article that really makes me say, "yes! exactly what I was thinking!" or one that truly makes me laugh.  Here are a couple of my favorites:

From The Badass Breastfeeder, on co-sleeping/bed sharing:

Bedsharing

I definitely related to her struggle at the beginning...I never wanted to bed share with Brooks but once I decided to it really made our sleep so much better! [most days, at least :) ]


From Pregnant Chicken, on doing what works:

The Haggard Mother Sleep Training Method

My favorite line from this post - "You are standing in front of a door with a thousand keys and only one of them fits."


Other incredibly helpful resources to have on hand if you're breastfeeding:  
KellyMom
Dr. Sears
La Leche League

I think one of the things I found to be helpful was to have a friend who had kids to tell me, "oh yeah, my baby did that."  For some reason it was comforting to know that Brooks wasn't the only one who [insert ailment here: i.e. had a crusty eye as a newborn, was only taking 30 minute naps, refused to eat any type of solid food, nursing around the clock, etc].

And my final thought is this- if whatever you're doing is working for your family, you're doing it right.  We've got 18 years to teach our kids to be independent...why try and do it all in the first few years?


No comments:

Post a Comment