Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Toddler Favorites

So, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things Brooks is doing/saying these days.  He is seriously repeating almost everything we say so it's hard to pin down just a few phrases, but these are the best ones!

 "opie!" = open; i.e. the box of tools, the fridge, the door, etc.

"hep" = help usually accompanied by "peese" = please; now this is almost always the answer for "what do you need?" "hep peese, hep peese, hep peese!"

 "go! go!" [takes person's finger to drag them to something]

 "wah-ee" = water

"ohhh, no."  Wish I could play you a recording of this.  It is so, so cute.  Ants on the floor?  Ohhh, no.  Drop your keys?  Ohhh, no.

He's also saying actual words- apple, dog, rice, milk, mama, daddy, baby, all done, all gone, oops! etc, etc.  I think I read somewhere that 2 year olds acquire like 20 new words per day?  He's definitely on his way there...and we're trying to watch our language over here so he doesn't repeat anything inappropriate!







Minus the occasional temper tantrum, I am really loving this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment