Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Thoughts on Nursing Clothes

I am the type of person who needs to like what I'm wearing in order to fully enjoy myself.  I love shopping and looking for new pieces to add to my wardrobe, and after having Brooks, I needed more clothes that were conducive to breastfeeding.

I think, perhaps, one of the many reasons I've been able to be successful in nursing Brooks for 20 months now is because of my clothing choices.  For me, "easy access" has been key.  V-neck tops, button downs, and stretchy necklines are all super easy to get down and make up most of my tops these days!  There are few things more frustrating that needing to feed your cranky baby and having to maneuver your clothing around just to put a boob in his mouth.

Honestly though, it's easy to make your clothing nursing-friendly.  I usually wear a tank/camisole under most of my tops, so if I'm wearing a shirt that can't be pulled down from the neckline [or if I'm feeling like I want to be more covered while we're out somewhere] I'll pull the top shirt up and the camisole down.  I've always felt more comfortable doing this than having my stomach showing when lifting my shirt up.  

That being said, here are some of my favorite summery "nursing" tops that are out in stores right now!  

J. Crew Factory
J. Crew Factory



Target 



And my all-time favorite camisole [I started wearing these even before I got pregnant simply because they are so long!]



No comments:

Post a Comment