Monday, August 25, 2014

Should I be writing all of this down?

I frequently wonder if I should be writing everything down. Lately, every stinking thing Brooks does is cute.  He's the first person to tell me that he spilled something [oh no! i spilled!], or the floor is wet...and then he actually cleans it up [who care if he just used my freshly washed shirt, right? he's cleaning!]  Lately we've been reading "We Are In A Book!" before nap time, and now whenever I say "banana" he cracks up laughing.  My teacher heart could not be more content!

To add to the cuteness, last weekend he sang a song that was just the words, "I love you" over and over. (Except when he says it, it sounds like "I ruh you"). We were sitting there listening to him and I thought, if it were possible for my eyes to turn into tiny hearts right now, that is what they would look like.  If this is what two years old is like, sign me up! [i'd like to unsubscribe from the tantrums, though, thankyouverymuch] 

But about "writing it down" ...do you write everything down? I kept track of most of Brooks' "firsts" [still waiting on that 'first time sleeping through the night' one...sigh] but after his first year I lost track of everything.  Now when I think about all of the things I want to keep track of I feel overwhelmed.  I want to record videos of everything and take pictures of him all the time....but then I feel like I'm not enjoying the moment.  I want to keep him this little and sweet forever and at the same time watch him grow up into a wonderful independent human being. I suppose thats why people have lots of babies, right?  


And now, onto some ridiculously cute summer pictures...


Virginia Beach

The Baltimore Aquarium

posing with the wolf at the Catoctin Zoo

Happy first day of school to everyone going back!  Hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment