Monday, April 14, 2014

On Babies Getting Older + 18 month update

Lately I've been very emotional about Brooks getting older.  He's now 18 months and his language is exploding...learning new words and expressions every single day!  I am absolutely loving this stage [most of the time- not you, tantrums!] and the more I see him being able to do things on his own, the more I am overcome with emotions.  Happy that he is finally becoming more independent, and then so sad that my baby is not a little baby anymore.  I never ever thought I would feel this way [ see here and here to explain] and yet, here we are.  I guess this is why people have lots of babies!

 Here are some things Brooks likes doing now, April 2014-




 Getting into mommy's closet and trying on my shoes!  His favorites are these blue pointy toed ones and another pair of nude colored pointy flats.



Easter Egg Huntin'- loves to open and close those eggs!  He also loves watching ladybugs on the driveway, or the parking deck, etc. [he says "lay-bug!" and squats down to see them]


Practicing saying "Happy Birthday!" & singing the birthday song since we have lots of family birthdays coming up.  He says "hap bur-day" and it is so incredibly cute.  I think I've tried to capture it on video like 1,000 times.  

Other loves: coloring with crayons [on all surfaces], smelling the daffodils outside, chasing our cat and jumping on Daddy.  Oh sweet baby, I love you so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment