Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hi, I'm Colleen and I have a jeans problem.

Jeans have always been my weakness.  I don't know what it is about finding the perfect pair of jeans that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but... sigh.

When I was teaching, we weren't allowed to wear blue jeans to work.  So, I tried my best to not get new jeans then since I would only have the opportunity to wear them on the weekends. [nope, not after work- pretty much would go straight from work clothes to pajamas/yoga pants after walking through the door. am i right?] The other time I refrained from jeans-buying was while I was pregnant.  No maternity jeans were long enough on me + I was big  huge  enormous during the summer months and there was no way in hell I was going to put jeans over my hot swollen legs.

Now that I stay at home with Brooks, I wear jeans pretty much every day.  My qualifications are:  they must be comfortable, semi-low rise and long enough [unless they are supposed to be ankle length, obviously.]  Lately I've gotten mostly skinny jeans- but I still have some boot cut/flares from a while back.  I can't seem to get into the "boyfriend" jeans look [should I?] I've tried some on but just feel silly in them.  Anyways-  I'm a sucker for a good designer pair [I think since jeans are something you can wear multiple days in a row, they're worth the investment], but I'll buy Target, Old Navy, Gap, H&M, etc...any other day of the week.  Here's a few pairs I'm currently lusting after:

7FAMK Straight Leg
AG Legging Ankle
Gap


Don't mind me, I'll just be over here thinking of reasons I need these.
 

3 comments:

  1. Any thoughts on favorite designer pair company? Long story short I had amazing designer jeans once.. I've been dying for a good enough excuse to drop $200 on a pair ever since....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love AG Adriano Goldschmied and Hudson brands. I've found awesome deals on both at 6pm.com so you won't need to drop that $200 :)

      Delete
    2. !!! I have never heard of this site! I selected "women's denim" and my jaw just hit the floor at their prices! thank you thank you for the tip!

      Delete