Monday, March 10, 2014

Thoughts on Red Lipstick

My hubby and I have had the opportunity to go to dinner and out with friends a few times in the past month [yay grandparent babysitters! we love you!] and every time I find myself putting on red lipstick.

Yesterday he said to me/Brooks, "Mommy always puts on dark lipstick when we go out."  Which made me think...well...that is a true statement.  I usually gravitate toward black & white when I can't decide what to wear [which generally  always happens before we go out] so red lipstick is a great accent color with those neutrals.  It also makes me feel a little unique, as most people aren't wearing bright red lipstick!  The lipstick I have on is Nars Heat Wave which is more of an orange-red, and it's matte which I like.




Brooks also likes to try and grab my lips when I wear dark lipstick, which is insanely cute.  AND he puts his little lips out like he wants me to put it on him when I'm holding the tube.  Sorry, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment