Wednesday, February 19, 2014

An Account of my 40th week

Last night as I was browsing through Pinterest, I came across one of those pictures of a pregnant woman standing in front of a chalkboard.  It wasn't Jessica of Little Baby Garvin [the original chalkboard maker] but another cute, super skinny mama posting about her pregnancy and babies.

Now, I realize that all women are different,  but as I was reading the account of her 37th week of pregnancy, I couldn't help but think to myself..."wow, I felt nothing like this at 37 weeks.  and I looked like a cow in comparison to her."  And as I read on about her then 5 month old daughter who was such a great sleeper every night, I wanted to scream out, "ok! we get it!"  I am all for "building each other up" and my response to women who are lucky enough to not gain a crap ton of weight during pregnancy, have easy labors and get babies who sleep all the time is: "that's so wonderful! you are blessed!"  But you know what, sometimes I just want to say "shut it."

So, I thought it would be embarrassing funny to share with you my last picture of being pregnant and a little account of how I felt at 40 weeks and 2 days. [these questions are the ones that usually accompany the chalkboard pictures that are so often posted around on other blogs]



How far along? 40 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: about 45 POUNDS.  I am officially disgusted with myself.

 Maternity clothes?  This question feels like a joke.  Been wearing 'em since 14 weeks, ya'll.

Stretch marks? Not on my belly...

Best moment this week:  I'm not sure if I can pick a "best" moment considering how angry I am all the time that this child STILL ISN'T HERE.  

Miss anything: Wine.  Sleeping without getting up to pee.  Sushi.  Lunch meat.  Wearing something other than these green khaki pants.  

Movement: Just took a video of him kicking around from the outside.  [side note- if you are pregnant now, do this!  it is so fun to watch once you're no longer pregnant.]  

  Food cravings: Surprisingly, no cravings.  Just still want to eat everything on the planet.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No.

Have you started to show yet: Nope, this is a basketball under my shirt.

  Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: None.  Things I will be trying:  spicy chili, greasy pizza with 5 different kinds of hot sauce [pretty sure it didn't even taste hot to me] black licorice, primrose oil, the greasiest meal you can get from Chik-fil-a,  and finally eating an ENTIRE pineapple [which will burn your whole tongue off, people. but it did start some contractions.]

  Belly Button in or out? Flat!

Wedding rings on or off? Off.  My fingers look like sausages.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody would be an understatement. [If I remember correctly, my brother sent me a text at some point during my 40th week saying "baby here yet?" to which I responded "I will cut you."]

Looking forward to:  Getting this baby out!



God, being pregnant was so fun.  :)  

2 comments:

  1. I chuckled as I read this because as ready as I was for D to arrive (she was 8 days late), I loved being pregnant so much and missed many of the moments for months afterwards. Weird, I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Traci! Brooks was exactly 1 week late. It took me a while to miss being pregnant after he was born, but I do now!

    ReplyDelete