Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Fake Roman Shade

If you follow Young House Love  [who doesn't?!] you've probably seen Sherry's DIY fake Roman Shade tutorial.  All you need is an iron, some pins and tape?  I'm in.  After a few trips to Joann's to pick out fabric, a couple of old ladies referring to Brooks as a "she" [um, he's a BOY] and one long trip to Home Depot to have a piece of wood cut, I got to work.  It took me probably an hour total- I initially made it WAY too long and had to trim it up - but I think it turned out well!


Sorry for the dirty champagne glasses and travel mug.  This is real life, people.


  Also, it's hard to see but I LOVE my chalkboard backsplash.  Here's a close up pic:


Here is the link to the full Roman shade tutorial from YHL!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job, Colleen! I’m definitely with you on that one. Anything that would get me out of having to sew and would still help me make a good craft is something worth trying out. That's a really great job you were able to make there. Great choice of fabric too. :D
    Taylor Allen @ Sunburst Shutters Arizona

    ReplyDelete