Friday, February 28, 2014

High Five for Friday

Happy last day of February!  Daylight savings time is coming up soon and we are in the home stretch for warm weather.  Can't wait to do some outside playing! I'm linking up with Lauren to share a few highlights of our week...

1.  One of my very best friends was in town last weekend!  I was able to go downtown for dinner & drinks with her on Friday and was reminded what it feels like to be someone other than Brooks' mommy for a few hours.  It's so good to check in with my other identities every once in a while.  Also, girl talk is necessary for life.

2.  Baby dance parties.  Have I mentioned how much I love that Brooks loves to dance?  Head bobbing in the grocery cart, stomping at Noodles & Company, or just swaying to the melodious sound of his cousin's voice...this kid is an awesome dancer.  I have yet to get a video of it because he gets too distracted by me getting out the camera/phone though...  I guess I need to be sneakier!

3.  The pillow covers made by my friend Rachel at RH Collection  are here and they are so perfect!  Seriously.  I'm glad I didn't just buy some that I didn't love from Home Goods :)


4.  I'm bringing back the French braid, everyone!  It's only taken me [almost] 28 years to get the hang of it, but I think I've got it.  I'm liking the way it gets the hair off my face, saves time blow drying, and gives my hair a little wave when I take it out.

5.  KALE CHIPS.  What?!  I made some yesterday and they are deeelicious! Of course, I'm pretty sure you could toss cardboard in EVOO and sprinkle it with salt & pepper and I'd like it.

And one extra, just because I feel strongly about it:  A little NIP (nursing in public) pic. HA.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment