Saturday, February 1, 2014

On babysitting

We went to dinner tonight downtown- met a bunch of friends at a bar for a birthday party.  Oh how times have changed since having a baby.  I used to love taking my time getting ready, listening to music and picking out clothes...now it's more of a "you watch him while I find something to wear-now you take him for a walk while I shower" type thing.

Because my little nugget has never been good at taking a bottle, we've never stayed out anywhere too long.  Usually 2-3 hours max is as long as I can go without my boobs exploding seeing him.  I also start to feel bad if I leave him for too long...like, should I be getting grandparents something in return for watching him?  Should I be paying them?  I'm positive the answer is no, I shouldn't but....sometimes I still feel guilty for staying out for one more drink.

I'm always reminded how lucky we are when I pick him up though.  Somehow he always smells so good after a little time away!  And nothing beats that smile when they're so happy to see you  [except when they're playing with a cell phone.  then they do not care that you are home at.all.]

No comments:

Post a Comment